- "Wapiti - Elk" - PRINT
"Wapiti - Elk" - PRINT
"Wapiti" is the Native American Shawnee word for "Elk." This rustic Archival Matte Print features the elk in it's natural mountain, forest landscape.
The original Sand Sculpture was awarded Third Place in the 2007 US Army Art and Crafts Worldwide Competition!
- Title: "Wapiti - Elk"
- Size: 11x14"
- Acid-Free Archival Matte Paper
- Museum Quality Archival Inks
- Acid-Free 1/8" Foam Board Backing
- Archival Quality Vinyl Storage Sleeve
- A small white border surrounds the image to allow for future matting and/or framing.
* Watermarks are used for copyright purposes and are not on the actual product.
* PRINTS ARE SOLD UNFRAMED.
Other items featuring "Wapiti - Elk":
- Original Semi-Relief Sand Sculpture
View my YouTube Video detailing the Original Sculpture and it's Native Medicine at my website here!
I learned about the traditional Navajo sand art, commonly known as Sand Painting, from a Native co-worker when I was stationed in New Mexico in the 1990's. From there, I have developed my own signature sand sculpture style, which literally builds up upon the traditional technique. In respect for the origins of this art form, I have embarked upon my Native American Medicine Wheel series. In each sculpture I take an animal and attempt to help the viewer understand various Native American "medicines" through symbolism.
In accordance with the "Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990" - This artwork is NOT Native American (Indian) produced. All references to Indigenous Peoples' are utilized in conjunction with the theme of the artwork, and is not to identify the particular artwork as being Indian-Produced.