- Greeting Cards & Postcards
- "The Great Teacher - Wahya (Wolf)" - GREETING CARD
"The Great Teacher - Wahya (Wolf)" - GREETING CARD
Do you know someone who could use a little wisdom and some new ideas concerning their current situation? Send them your positive thoughts and energy through the message of this Native American inspired Greeting Card featuring the image of my Original Semi-Relief Sand Sculpture titled "The Great Teacher - Wahya (Wolf)."
In Native American tradition all of nature can teach us something, or provide us with something we need, mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually. Through this ideology, the Native "medicine" of the Wolf Animal Spirit brings us knowledge and wisdom.
Greeting Card Details
- Title: "The Great Teacher - Wahya (Wolf)"
- Dimensions: 5" x 7"
- Printed on 120 lb, 17 point thick, matte paper
- Matte finish inside for smudge-free writing
- Standard white envelope included
- Inside: The Left Side features the Title of the original artwork and a description of the "medicine" that Wolf provides and the symbolism of the original sand sculpture. The Right Side can either be left blank - OR - personalized with your own message.
- Back: Features the Title of the original artwork, Artist Information, and a short Biography.
* Font and Format of custom text will vary depending on message and amount of words, but will be similar to the Sample Text photo.
* Returns and cancellations of Personalized cards will NOT be accepted.
* Pen is shown for sizing purposes only. Watermarks are used for copyright purposes and are not on the actual product.
Symbolism of the Original Sculpture:
"THE GREAT TEACHER - WAHYA (WOLF)"
"Wahya" is the Native American Cherokee word for "Wolf."
"The Great Teacher - Wahya" represents the medicine of "Wolf." Wolf is the forerunner of new ideas, and the Wolf Clan is the Clan of Teachers. The moon is symbolic of the knowledge and wisdom within the unconscious mind. Wolf connects with the Moon Energy, bringing teachings and new ideas to just below the surface of the consciousness. In the decoration of the Wheel, I have embedded a genuine Jasper gemstone. Jasper embodies tranquility and wholeness, especially in times of stress.
*Gemstones do NOT come with the greeting card, but are mentioned as they are included on the Original Sand Sculpture to enhance the symbolism of the artwork.
View my YouTube Video detailing the Original Sculpture and it's Native Medicine here.
Other items featuring "The Great Teacher - Wahya (Wolf)":
- 11x14" Archival Matte Prints
I learned about the traditional Navajo sand art, commonly known as Sand Painting, from a Native co-worker when I was stationed in New Mexico in the 1990's. From there, I have developed my own signature sand sculpture style, which literally builds up upon the traditional technique. In respect for the origins of this art form, I have embarked upon my Native American Medicine Wheel series. In each sculpture I take an animal and attempt to help the viewer understand various Native American "medicines" through symbolism.
In accordance with the "Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990" - This artwork is NOT Native American (Indian) produced. All references to Indigenous Peoples' are utilized in conjunction with the theme of the artwork, and is not to identify the particular artwork as being Indian-Produced.