- Greeting Cards & Postcards
- "With Gratitude - Heneecéé (Bison)" - GREETING CARD
"With Gratitude - Heneecéé (Bison)" - GREETING CARD
Do you want to show some gratitude to someone special? Send them your thanks and some positive thoughts and energy through the message of this Native American inspired Greeting Card featuring the image of my Original Semi-Relief Sand Sculpture titled "With Gratitude - Heneecéé (Bison)."
In Native American tradition all of nature can teach us something, or provide us with something we need, mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually. Through this ideology, the Native "medicine" of the Wolf Animal Spirit brings us knowledge and wisdom.
Greeting Card Details
- Title: "With Gratitude - Heneecéé (Bison)"
- Dimensions: 5" x 7" (portrait)
- Printed on 120 lb, 17 point thick, matte paper
- Matte finish inside for smudge-free writing
- Standard white envelope included
- Inside: The Left Side features the Title of the original artwork and a description of the "medicine" that Wolf provides, and further details about the symbolism of the composition of the original sand sculpture. The Right Side can either be left blank - OR - personalized with your own message.
- Back: Features the Title of the original artwork, Artist Information, and a short Biography.
* Font and Format of custom text will vary depending on message and amount of words, but will be similar to the Sample Text photo.
* Returns and cancellations of Personalized cards will NOT be accepted.
* Pen is shown for sizing purposes only. Watermarks are used for copyright purposes and are not on the actual product.
Symbolism of the Original Sculpture:
"WITH GRATITUDE - HENEECEE (BISON)"
"Heneecéé" is the Native American Arapaho word for "Buffalo" or "Bison."
This Medicine reminds us to be grateful for the blessings we have. Bison had long been a source of sustenance for the Plains tribes, providing not only food, but hides for clothing and materials for many everyday items and household needs. Though this, bison gave much to the people and his Medicine is a reminder of abundance when all relations are honored and to remember that which has been received.
In many tribal traditions, the pipe and tobacco are related to the creation of the Earth. The sacred smoke unites the people with the Great Spirit and the universe, to include the family, clan, and nation.
Embedded in the wheel's medicine bag is a genuine Amethyst gemstone for protection against negativity and enhancing intuition. And the feathers feature a Painted Jasper, embodying tranquility and wholeness, especially in times of stress.
*Gemstones do NOT come with the greeting card, but are mentioned as they are included on the Original Sand Sculpture to enhance the symbolism of the artwork.
Other items featuring "The Great Teacher - Wahya (Wolf)":
- 11x14" Archival Matte Prints
I learned about the traditional Navajo sand art, commonly known as Sand Painting, from a Native co-worker when I was stationed in New Mexico in the 1990's. From there, I have developed my own signature sand sculpture style, which literally builds up upon the traditional technique. In respect for the origins of this art form, I have embarked upon my Native American Medicine Wheel series. In each sculpture I take an animal and attempt to help the viewer understand various Native American "medicines" through symbolism.
In accordance with the "Indian Arts and Crafts Act of 1990" - This artwork is NOT Native American (Indian) produced. All references to Indigenous Peoples' are utilized in conjunction with the theme of the artwork, and is not to identify the particular artwork as being Indian-Produced.